Today I headed to a tiny sewing store that I discovered with
Lennon when we first moved into this neighborhood. Lennon and I went for an
epic walk one day, got lost and found ourselves in front for Schneidersitz. It
was closed—it being Sunday—but I’ve wanted an excuse to go back during business
hours ever since. They have a sweet little website that provides just the essential
information plus a few pictures of what they have in stock. Since we’d gotten
lost finding it last time, I mapped it out for us before heading there today.
With a meeting at 6pm, we were a bit rushed in going to
Schneidersitz. With Lennon staying home from Kita, still under the weather, and
nap schedules, we left later in the day than I’d planned. Schneidersitz is
small and I knew that if I’d kept my wits about me I could get out of there in
a half an hour. I made a quick run to the bank—often little shops are cash only
or have a minimum to use your bank card—and we were off. Our map said it would
take us seventeen minutes to get there and as we saw the shop from across the
street, I glanced at my iphone. Much to my delight, we’d gotten there in record
time. Also, with all my rushing to get us out of the house, I somehow had added
another hour. It was only 4pm, not 5pm as I’d thought! We’d have a luxurious
amount of time at Schneidersitz.
Lennon was in good spirits as well and seemed happy to be
out of the house. We were the only people in the tiny shop and I was able to
park Lennon’s stroller just inside and navigate the trimmings while he babbled
away. The woman behind the counter was stoic but began to warm when I actually
had her cut some goods, a clear sign I was going to buy. I did make her do a
little work as I couldn’t decide on a particular trim and she had to get several
down and return several others. After the cuttings were made I did a little more
browsing. The counter lady gave Lennon a colorful card to entertain him. He was
delighted. I paid for my items, including a little grab bag of discontinued
trim for just 3 euro, and was pleasantly surprised by the prices.
Before I left, I mentioned to the counter lady—all in German—that
I have a sewing blog and asked if she minded if I took some photos. She
probably wondered what I was going to do with the giant SLR camera around my
neck. She graciously obliged.
No comments:
Post a Comment