A sweet thing happened today. I was in our living room, on
the floor cutting fabric, and I heard the sound of music from an accordion and
trumpet. I ignored it at first but kept hearing it. I love an accordion. Out of
our balcony window I saw the two musicians coming down our street, playing. As
I was taking a picture of them, the accordion player looked up at me, smiled
and presented his hat for payment. I gave him a nod and tossed down a two-euro coin,
which he gracefully caught in that same hat. It was such an incredibly romantic
European moment. I wish my photo did it justice.
Finally, the bus I’d waited so long for, simply and
elegantly brought me to my destination. There was even a lovely, large sign
near the bus stop pointing my way to the small museum. I walked down two
suburban blocks that looked and smelled far more like Northern California than
West Berlin. I really liked being there. As I arrived at the Brücke, I wondered
if I’d be the only person there today, this late. The place was so small, they
had a buzzer at the gate that you’d ring to be let in. So I rang.
So I rang.
I walked over to the glass enclosed sign-board at the front
which informed me that the museum would be closed until October 23rd, a fact I
now recalled having read on their website a couple of weeks ago. “Why didn’t I
visit this museum earlier? It’s already Birth-Day Seventeen and the Brücke has
been on my list for so long,” I queried to myself earlier this afternoon.
All answers were suddenly presented to me and it only took
one train, three busses, and two suburban blocks for them to be found.
No comments:
Post a Comment